home about follow

2020
Monday 13 April 2020 | April 13, 2020 | 0 comments

Whan an abrupt new post, i havent posted anything in so long but somehow lately I just have so many things in mind that i kinda thought of this blog? And i just wanted to write everything down if possible. Warning: things might get deeeeeep ha ha....jk...unless...? Anyways... life updates? Or should i just get straight away into the deep stuff... lol kidding i guess first, life updates...

Since the last time i posted on here, a lot of things have happened considering that was a looong time ago. So this is gonna be quite a few updates on my life. So what eh, I got into uni, for my degree, yep and im actually in my second year, doing chemical engineering at Monash University. So far so good. I'm writing on this blog to procrastinate on my thermodynamics quiz but honestly that can wait. This is far more important(not). Oh did i mention im writing this at 6 am? It's 6 am now but Ive been writing for like 10 minutes so yeah do the math (hint: I started writing at 5:50 am hihi). SO...how has 2020 been treating everyone? As for me, its A LOT like alot of things are happening in 2020. 2020 is not how expected it to be, in case you are reading this from the future, yeah u remember 2020? Yep yep thats the year, thats the one. The one with the pandemic. Yep. Everything is done online now all my classes are online, im stuck in AUstralia, at home with my 3 other housemates... oh speaking of housemates I should totally make a whole post dedicated for them cs let me tell you, they are...quite something all right...LOL dw i love them. It's gonna be all sunshine and rainbow :p

Why do i keep doing this lmao i lose track of what im saying so fast anyways back to the topic, 2020. Tbh as of today, as im writing this, I feel like this is still just the beginning of the pandemic, the numbers of people affected are increasing everyday, and more people are dying everyday. We are not supposed to go out of the house if unnecessary to help flatten the curve but in all honestly, this country is doing very bad at it. The last time I went out to coles for some grocery which was absolutely necessary cs I didnt have anything left to eat btw, there were still A LOT of people outside jogging and taking walks and panic buying but even the prime minister is still saying "exercising outside is OK" like no? It is not? Back in Malaysia people are not even allowed to go jogging and they are doing so well in handling this covid-19 situation, things are so strict there but it is absolutely necessary to help minimising the spread. I still see no end to this situation tho so we will see how it goes. Hopefully it ends soon even though thats highly unlikely but we can only hope right? Not right, actually, we can also stay at home and do our part. A lot more can be done, buttt the least we can do is to stay at home, helps a lot. So do that. 

As for the other things in life, there really isnt much happening, since I cant go out which sucks but thats life. You never know whats gonna happen, its not all sunshine and rainbow and going out with friends and travelling and having fun and whatnot. In fact, its not about all those at all. Ever since I stayed at home, I feel like I had a lot of time reflecting on life which I used to have a hard time doing because I used to be so distracted with uni, assignments, friends, hanging out, having fun, shopping and pretty much every worldly thing there was. Not saying that Id completely ditched all of those bow but a lot of them are forced out of my life now since Im stuck at home and in my room. It is not all that bad anyways, I enjoy my alone time it can get very painfully boring and can feel very isolating but thats okay. Isn't life a very funny thing? Like, almost like a joke? Its serious, it's real, but it's like, petty, almost. Reminds me of this one ayah in the quran which I just came across yesterday that goes like this:

The life of the world is but a sport and a pastime. And if ye believe and ward off (evil). He will give you your wages, and will not ask of you your wordly wealth (47:36). 

Life in this world is really just temporary and would not matter in the afterlife. It will be gone, all the entertainment, leisure, materialistic things, all the things we thought important, nah, they wont hold any meaning for us in the afterlife. Such is the impermanence of life in this world. But life isnt just nothing, its real thing, it is the only chance we get to collect all our deeds and prepare for the afterlife, the ONLY chance. And it is very short, so use it wisely. This is actually more of a reminder to myself because for the past few months, I think Ive lost myself a couple of times and was blinded by the beauty of life that i neglected my relationship with Allah. But these past few days Ive been trying really hard to get back on track, constantly reminding myself that life is short, and life after death is forever, and death is a real thing, and one day i will stand before God and answer all my good and bad deeds to Him so i cant mess it up. I have to live my life right, for Him and for myself in the akhirat. Life temptations are not worth it. 





athiken